York University has policies in place to ensure all students have equal opportunity to attain their educational goals. If you are a student with a physical, sensory or medical disability you may be eligible for academic accommodations. We encourage you to review this web site and to consider the benefits of contacting PSMDS. The support offered is education related.
Goals of PSMDS
- Provide 'reasonable' academic accommodations to students with physical, sensory and medical disabilities to help maximize their educational experience
- Encourage students with physical, sensory and medical disabilities to become as independent as possible by familiarizing them with university policies and procedures and campus resources.
- Increase awareness in the campus community about students with physical, sensory and medical disabilities
PSMDS provides information about:
- York University's official policies and procedures for students with disabilities;
- Educational support;
- Financial support;
- Access to adapted housing
- Interpreting and note taking services
- Referral to independent living assistance through the Ontario March of Dimes
- Referral to accessible on-campus transportation